My Toy Fair Blog – Orchard Toys
- Please introduce yourself and your company: Simon Prest, Sales Director at Orchard Toys
- What products are you launching at Toy Fair? For the first time ever we’re launching all our new lines for 2022, an exciting mixture of games and jigsaws, at the London Toy Fair.
- How did you get into the toy industry? It was an example of, ‘It’s not what you know, but who you know’. I’d been made redundant in October 28 years ago and my parents had a friend who had a toy company and needed help shrink-wrapping jigsaws in the busy run up to Christmas. The rest is History!
- What was your favourite toy growing up? My Aurora slot car racing set because it had a more exciting selection of cars than Scalextric.
- What is the one “special ingredient” that makes a great toy? If it can make a child smile it’s a great toy.
- Other than your own, what toy brand really stands out to you today? Lego Technic.
- What was your best memory of Toy Fair? The lovely comments we received from other suppliers and Buyers when all the staff on our stand dressed in evening wear for the opening day for the show.
- What’s your top tip for surviving Toy Fair? Wear good fitting shirts and never wear a new pair of shoes.